Saturday, December 02, 2006

Bottle Bulletin Board















I don't have a bulletin board above my desk at home, and my wall is stuck with pictures and postcards, but sometimes, I need somewhere visible to remind me of things I need to do. Based on this need and the abundance of plastic water bottles and cardboard at home, I created this today. It's a portable bottle bulletin board. Yes, you can buy fancy things like this called memo holders in stores, they usually come with a plastic base and a wire sticking out of it with an alligator clip attached to the end. My own homemade one isn't as fancy, but it didn't cost me anything, it uses things I had lying around and would have languished on my shelf or in a landfill otherwise, and it serves its purpose!

I used a plastic water bottle, cardboard, bits of leftover old wrapping paper, a page out of an old Saturday Guardian magazine, paperclips and cellotape to make this. So there you go. You could probably make a much prettier one, go on, have a go.

4 comments:

changapeluda said...

you must have a verrrry cool studio.

hey thanx for putting me on your list of very good blogs heee heee
so i have had your blogs in my favourites (bookmarked?) since around March of last year...i was intrigued by your postcard swapping idea. (i love postsecret! this wk there's a hilarious one about muffins))

Welp, i noticed you don't have contact info anymore. i sure hope nobody sent you anything offputting....

to make a long comment even longer, i am a fan of Rob Brezny's freewilling astrology..he said i should keep a picture of a sphinx w/me & i immediately thought of you....and shrinky dinks :0]

maybe we could do a trade?
please contact me
zoegirlpearl@yahoo.com
when you get a chance.
thanx.
bye.

Sheba Brooks Moore said...

love the bottle bulletin...still dont get the reason for it but hey...everyone must unleash their inner crafty

Girl of Approval said...

Love it. Great idea! Can you come up with something I need? When I walk into my apartment, I like to put down my purse, keys, mittens, gloves, and hat. They end up on the kitchen counter near the sink, not the best place. What kind of hanging unit/shelf can I put up that won't get into the way of the door? Ponder away, wise one! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi girl of approval, interesting question. What does your the area around your front door look like, is there space enough to hang up some pegs?